I found a fun new freeware application that I wanted to test out. The line work on this went by almost twice as fast as it normally would have taken me.
It’s not very obvious, but I was trying out a really different technique with this image that I’m pretty excited about. If you look closely at her face you’ll notice that there’s a little bit of “painting” going on. I’ve talked a lot lately about improving my digital painting and mixing it in with my typically very flat character work. This is definitely the first successful attempt to do that. That said, the texture I used was a disaster. Lesson learned: pay attention to the close up details of new textures before getting hours into an image… The texture is out of focus and will now drive me absolutely crazy every time I see this image. God damn it. >_>
Oh! And I made a nice little signature brush too, so I can slap a neat little “MegK” onto new pieces now.